These Science of Reading Aligned, Orthographic Mapping Mats are a fun and engaging way for children to work on segmenting Long Vowel words at a targeted level. Children choose a Long Vowel picture then Say It, Tap It, Map It & Spell It. The perfect activity for small group work and to teach children to make the connection between sounds and graphemes in a hands-on way!
The download includes
- 3-sound & 4-sound mapping mats
- 223 clear, colourful picture cards.
- 120 CVCe & CCVCe cards. Sounds included are split digraph a_e, i_e, o_e & u_e
- 103 vowel team cards. Sounds included are ai/ay, ee/ea, igh, oa/ow
- Star words are words that have a grapheme that is not the most common one for the sound or it hasn’t been covered in previous sets yet. For instance race, mice, rage using the soft c & g. Great for opening conversations about when those graphemes are used
- Word Lists for all pictures included
These Mapping Mats are part of our BIG PHONICS CLASSROOM BUNDLE and are colour coded for easy differentiation. The Bundle includes different activities that build on the amount of sounds so you can easily target students where they are at and have students from all levels working on the same activity but just different colours!
The Bundle includes 6 levels
- CVC Words
- CCVC & CVCC Words
- Consonant Digraphs
- Long Vowels
- Other Vowels (diphthongs)
- r controlled Vowels
This resource is also included in these bundles!
Have you accessed our FREE RESOURCES! So many to choose from!
Please note that this is a DIGITAL download and that no physical product will be delivered. You can access your download via your email or your My Account section