These Science of Reading Aligned, Orthographic Mapping Mats are a fun and engaging way for children to work on segmenting Consonant Digraph words at a targeted level. Children choose a Digraph picture then Say It, Tap It, Map It & Spell It. The perfect activity for small group work and to teach children to make the connection between sounds and graphemes in a hands-on way!
The download includes
- 3-sound & 4-sound mapping mats
- 124 clear, colourful picture cards.
- Sounds included are sh, ch, th, qu (beginning), sh, ch, th, ng, ck, ff, ll, ss, zz (ending)
- This level introduces Star Words. Star words are words that have a grapheme that is not the most common one for the sound and it hasn’t been covered in the previous sets yet. For instance bath, path & glass have the a for ar sound (accent dependant)
- Word Lists for all pictures are included
The Mats are designed to fit our awesome acrylic letters perfectly!! The counters from our Tens Frames also fit exactly on the mapping circles!
These Mapping Mats are part of our BIG PHONICS CLASSROOM BUNDLE and are colour coded for easy differentiation. The Bundle includes different activities that build on the amount of sounds so you can easily target students where they are at and have students from all levels working on the same activity but just different colours!
The Bundle includes 6 levels
- CVC Words
- CCVC & CVCC Words
- Consonant Digraphs
- Long Vowels
- Other Vowels (diphthongs)
- r controlled Vowels
This resource is also included in these bundles!
More resources are being added regularly and I love showing how we’re using them, so make sure you are following my FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM so you can see!!
Have you accessed our FREE RESOURCES! So many to choose from!
Please note that this is a DIGITAL download and that no physical product will be delivered. You can access your download via your email or your My Account section