The tracing letters and numbers resource is a powerhouse of a resource! There are even more ways than these six ways that you can use them!
- Vertical Tracing: Great for the kids core muscles, gross and fine motor development, but also builds on their letter formation from a different perspective.
- Loose Parts: Loose parts is a great way to extend and build on fine motor development as the kids work on their pincer grip and hand/eye coordination.
- Tracing: Okay, so this is their intended use! But we love using whiteboard markers or highlighters to trace the letters.
- Tactile Tracing: Add a line of hot glue so they can run their fingers over the line.
- Playdough Letters and Numbers: Perfect for pre-writing as they use their fine motor skills to manipulate the playdough to create the letters and numbers.
- Salt Drawing: Add a tray of coloured salt and have them draw the letter or number in the salt.
Did I give you any new ideas to try? Have you tried any of these ways before?
Did you know that you can purchase my Tracing Letter and Numbers which is available in all Australian state fonts (including print and pre-cursive)?